Welcome to our family blog!

This blog was started in October 2010 shortly before our daughter, Abigail Grace, was born. She was diagnosed at our 18 week ultrasound with Holoprosencephaly (HPE), and we were preparing for a child with very complex medical needs and a shortened life expectancy. Abby was born on November 12th and sadly passed away just four days later. This blog follows me, Matt and Abby’s big brother, Connor, along our journey from preparing for Abby’s birth through our adjustment to life without her.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Story I Identify with

This past Sunday was the first Sunday of the Advent, and the first candle represents hope.  Our Pastor said "Hope is like light in the darkness." Each time I hear or see that word somewhere I feel like Abby is reminding me she's still with me.

I have a lot on my mind right now, but it all seems to be stuck in my stomach at the moment.  I always seem to have something to say, but right now anything worthwhile seems to get choked back.  Instead, I'd like to share a very well written Perspectives series on the HoPE blog, written by a mom who lost her son a few years ago.  She had a bit longer with her Arthur than we had our Abby, though far less time to prepare for his arrival.  Links to the first two entries are listed below. 

The Thirteen Days of Arthur

We got by with a little help from our friends

If by any chance anyone from Women & Infants reads this, I'd really REALLY like to thank Dr. Bender and NICU nurses Patty and Nancy who came to Abby's service.  That was unexpected, and it meant to much to us that you cared enough to see Abby all the way through.  We couldn't say enough about the doctors and nurses who cared for Abby; they were truly wonderful. Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. We think of you daily.
    Love,


    Aunt Pam & Uncle Jon

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to hug you and your family - know that i am thinking of you every day and night - love - auntie debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, it's Melissa (Arthur's mom). I'm really honored to see that you've been reading my postings. I've been stalking your blog since shortly before Abby's birth and have been praying, praying, praying for you and your family. Just wanted to let you know I'm here if you want anyone to talk to, vent to, or just know I'm in your corner.

    ReplyDelete